Valentia: Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask
I don’t know if you can tell but I’m currently obsessed with Valentia’s beauty and skin care products. Their clay mask is my 4th product review for them and my skin care regimen is loving it!
This time around I reviewed their Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask. It’s a botanical based mask that gently revokes excess dirt and oil while deeply cleansing and exfoliating the skin to reveal softer, smoother skin.
- draws out impurities
- improves skin tone
- reduces pore size
- firms & strengthens skin
- Kaolin Clay: known for its detoxifying powers, it draws impurities to tighten pores.
- Plant Stem Cells: naturally decreases the level of pro-aging toxins and works to soothe the skin, reduce redness, and improve evenness.
- Spirulina: a botanical stimulant full of vitamins and minerals that hydrates the skins surface and contributes to tissue regeneration of the skin.
- CoQ10: responsible for cell production in the human body, it lessens the appearance of wrinkles by reducing free radical damage and stimulating health collagen production.
- Hibiscus & Cranberry Fibers: both lend their anti-aging properties to firm and reinforce the skin, helping to reduce the creation of new wrinkles.
- Astaxanthin: a powerful antioxidant that repairs collagen production and combats free radical damage. It restores skin’s elasticity, it brightens, and it tones.
- Also contains Aloe Vera, Vitamin C, Rosehip Seed Oil, Ginseng, Green Tea, Lemon Essential Oil, blend of berries, Kelp, Grape Seed Oil, Dandelion, and Wild Geranium.
At first use I wasn’t too sure how I felt about this clay mask. The consistency wasn’t as scrub-like as I expected yet I enjoyed the gentleness of the cranberry & hibiscus exfoliating fibers. They felt good to rub on my face during application and were a treat while rinsing off.
From the moment I opened the jar I couldn’t stop thinking about how amazing it smells; it reminds me of apple oatmeal. For this reason alone I wish I could use it every other day.
Because Kaolin Clay helps pull dirt and oil to the surface, I’m guessing it’s the reason I had a couple of break outs with this clay mask. However, by the third use I noticed these break outs had gone down, my pores looked smaller, and my skin was brighter. I like how this mask dries on the skin. One of my favorite things about using most clay based masks is the feeling of the skin lifting when it hardens.
Tips: It can get a little runny on top so make sure you mix it or shake well to blend ingredients. I would suggest using this clay mask twice a week and give it a week or two to see results. If you feel the tingling sensation is too strong, don’t be alarmed. Wait until it mellows down. You should feel great after it dries. Obviously if you take it off and you notice a reaction–stop use. Benefits might vary for you but this was my personal experience.
Stock up now! Valentia started a Spring Re-Launch Sale on May 16th which runs until the end of the month. Loyal readers of SWANKYCYN will receive 35% off their products by using code REFRESH35 .
This post is sponsored by Valentia, powered by Brandbacker.
P.S. – for more reviews on Valentia’s other great products check out my blog posts on their Clear Lift Revitalizing Serum, True Glow Eye Cream and Ultra Pumping Hydration Mask.