Swanky Shoe Pick: Nicholas Kirkwood x Erdem
I often find that these types of chunky platform heels don’t always appeal to most people. For me they’re everything. I find them appealing because they’re a mix of a pump and a wedge. These particular sandals which are a collaboration between Erdem and Nicholas Kirkwood come in a variety of different colors and fabrics but the two below are my favorites. The first having a metallic pink heel, and it’s odd because pink is one of my least favored colors, but the delicate floral fabric with hints of periwinkle blue, navy, and yellow seal the look. The second, having a metallic blue heel and platform are just so versatile. They’re spunky yet are toned down with the addition of lace fabric.
Being the inquisitive swanky nerd that I am (aka snerdy), I had to find out what the meaning of Erdem was, if it even had one. Well it did! And I was delighted to know that it’s definition is “wisdom and knowledge” in Mongolian. How about that! Erdem’s new collection falls nothing short of just that with the use of such amazing prints. In addition, the perfectly structured silhouettes have me yearning for one of each piece.
Now if you happen to like these shoes as much as I do please let your voice be heard below. Leave a comment in approval and even share what outfit you envision these being worn with.
Also check out the neat interview Jane Aldridge of Sea of Shoes did with Nicholas Kirkwood himself.
Enjoy and God bless!
- What Kind of Shoes are the Sexiest? Designer Nicholas Kirkwood Tells Us (and Confirms Exactly What We Suspected All Along) (glamour.com)
- Conversation: Designer Nicholas Kirkwood (fora.tv)
- The Erdem Heel (designtrolls.wordpress.com)
- SPOTTED: Solange Knowles Wearing Nicholas Kirkwood for Erdem In “Brooklyn Magazine” (shoefessional.com)
- Swanky Shoe Pic of the Day: Olcay Gulsen (swankycynblog.wordpress.com)